You’ve seen the movie, now head to The Children’s Museum for a day of discovery. Marvel’s Black Panther will be on campus to lead us through our Wakanda experience:
- Dora Milaje security squad will welcome you to CMOM’s Wakanda Experience.
- Enter through the jungle panels into the African Market where you will see jewelry, art and art demonstrations, food tastings, clothing and more.
- Performing arts will feature drummers, singers and dancers.
- See explanations behind some of the fascinating science featured in The Black Panther including electric charges and magnets.
- Story telling keeps history alive. Hear folklore from some very entertaining story tellers.
- Celebrate your ancestors at the Ancestral Tree.
- Tribal face painting will have cultural meanings.
- African-themed crafts: Make the heart-shaped herb (that will light up) or an African neck collar.
- Learn common phrases in eight different African languages.
- BEST OF ALL. Marvel is sending an actor to portray the Black Panther. Children can have their picture made with this favorite Marvel character.
Members: $3 / Nonmembers: $20 which includes general museum admission.