The Children's Museum of Memphis is a private, nonprofit, 501(c)3 educational organization. Funds are generated by private contributions (52.7%) and earned income (47.3%).
The museum has an annual economic impact of $7.6 million on the local Memphis economy!
100 Memberships for 100 Families
During this year's season of giving, CMOM would like to say "Yes, EVERY Child!" and provide 100 needy families with a membership to the museum so that they, too, can play to learn or learn to play again!
The "Yes, EVERY Child!" program provides free admission and memberships to those families and school groups that cannot normally afford to visit CMOM. We never turn a child, family or school group away due to inability to pay the admission fee.
You can help us "reach for the stars" with a tax-deductible gift to CMOM's "Yes, EVERY Child!" program. This year we have provided 30 families with memberships. Let's see if we can make it 100! A one year membership for a family of four is $115.
Click on the "Make a Donation" button or call the Development Office at 901-58-2678, ext. 234 to make your donation today!
Giving for the Future
For 22 years, The Children's Museum of Memphis has provided fun and educational exhibits, events and programs for children and families. We could not have thrived without the dedication of community leaders, volunteers and our members. Admission charges, along with membership fees and a few other items, make up our earned income (about 47.3% of revenue); contributions and sponsorships make up the rest. Our earned income rate is impressive contrasted with that of comparable museums but obviously still leaves a gap. Sometimes our members and visitors say to us, "We'd like to help you, our favorite nonprofit, but we're not sure what is the best way to support the work of the museum." Below we have described some of the ways you can do just that.
• The company you work for can become a Corporate Member and receive many benefits including free admission to the museum for employees and their families.
• Honorariums provide a perfect way to pay tribute to a grandchild, teacher, neighbor, or for birthdays, anniversaries, graduation, etc.
• Memorials offer the opportunity to honor a loved one.
• Gifts to our "Yes, EVERY Child!" admission program provide underprivileged children and families the opportunity to visit the museum. CMOM is committed to making exhibits and educational programs accessible to all children and families. We never turn a child, family or school group away due to inability to pay the admission fee.
• Companies and individuals can sponsor our education programs and traveling exhibits. For companies, this offers them the opportunity to help the museum, as well as provide additional employee benefits and marketing opportunities.
• The museum has an endowment that needs continued growth in order to ensure its financial future.
• Volunteers and in-kind donations go a long way in helping hold down costs.
• Year-end gift is a favorite for some people who want to support the museum and receive a tax-deduction.
• A bequest to the museum via estate planning is another way to ensure that CMOM will be able to fulfill the needs of the children of Memphis and the Mid-South now and for many years to come. Naming The Children’s Museum of Memphis as a beneficiary of your will or as the beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy is one simple way to plan your gift. In most cases, our staff can consult with your professional advisors to tailor the gift plan. If you have already done this, we definitely would like to know so we can say thank you.
Please help now by making your donation online by clicking the button above. Thanks!
Does Your Employer Match Your Donation?
Did you know you may be able to double your gift to the museum? Many companies will match your donation. Contact your human resources department to ask about their gift matching program. To get a list of companies that currently match donations: Matching Gifts List.
For information on donations: Email Chief Executive Officer or call 901-283-4163